Monday, October 2, 2017

Creating Collages - Layer Upon Layer

One of my most favourite things to do in my studio
is to pull out my baskets of tiny bits
of vintage lace and doilies
as well as little bits
of precious
fabric
 


too special to throw away
and create some of these little collaged beauties.

 

 Many of these tiny pre-rephaelite images
lend themselves to be adorned
with special silk fibres, textures
and vintage laces
with embellishments.

 

I was also able to incorporate 
some of my Logan berry died laces
I created a little while black 


 

along with some of my eco-dyed silks
which I often felt to give a soft gathered look and feel. 
 










 The textures work so well together when used like this!

More berry dyed doilies with sari ribbon,
mother of pearl buttons
and crushed velvet! 


 I listed these in my Etsy shop.
They have sold pretty fast, however, if you would like
to own one there are still a couple left.
So you can take a peek in my
if you like!!!

Thank you all so much for visiting and I wish you all a promising
week of creative love and inspiration! 
xxx Suzy

17 comments:

  1. I really like your beautiful creation!!! Very very nice and unique textures!!! Thanks for sharing:)
    Henry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your creations are always lovely. They invoke a sense of peace, a gentler life.

    Thank you for sharing ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Suzy, they are all so stunning, and I had to visit your Etsy ,to favorite them all <3 .
    Yes I love the images, but your way of bringing all those luxury pieces together, makes the heart jump, and create joy as well.
    They are fabulous, dear friend- Big hugs and love, from Dorthe xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well hello there Suzi!! These collages are truly breathtaking. I haven't seen anything that could compare to these. Gorgeous fabrics and laces and layers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello dear Suzy
    You've really a wonderful collection of beautiful fabrics and laces!!!
    Hugs and kisses

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such yummy gorgeous materials you work with dear Suzy. And the way you layer them and combine them is so beautiful. I so love the rich colours you use. Gorgeous collages! Big hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every time I visit you I know I'm in for a visual treat and I haven't been disappointed yet. This time is no exception! I've gone back and forth in an attempt to choose a favourite but finally had to resort to the word I like best - peacefulness. Bless you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful everything you do and you have beautiful rugs and ribbons.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely stunning Suzy!! Wow and WOW!! The beauty you create is so real!
    hugs,Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do always love what I see on your site! Your latest creations are beautiful as usual!

    Have a lovely weekend!

    Hugs,
    Gaby

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sometimes the tiniest scrap is all it takes to get the collage going, lovely as always. xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello my dear Suzy,
    these are to die for:)Hope all is well.
    Sending hugs and love,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Suzy, Your creations are exquisite, as usual. Hope you are both well and happy. Hugs,
    Jesse

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello again ,,, it has been a while since we have been in contact ... so glad that I have found you again! I loved reading through the posts on your blog tonight and hope that all is well! Our lives were turned upside down but are slowly righting themselves now! very best wishes, barbara

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous! Love your creations! How do you get your words for using?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping here to say hello and to see what I have been creating. I really treasure each and everyone of you for your comments. It is so appreciated....Suzy

Related Posts with Thumbnails